Time: Any, year round
Trip Length: Varies
Passengers/fares: Minimum 3, maximum 6
Seward Ocean Excursions offers year-round water taxi services in Resurrection Bay and beyond. Our boats are set up for comfortable beach landings and loading/unloading of people and gear. Note that we use a ladder to get on and off the boat (not a drop bow), so you must be able to use a short ladder or a slight rise/drop to get on and off of the boat. Our boats have ample room on top, on the bow, and in the back deck for everything you might need to bring along!
Resurrection Bay has an awesome system of 5 Alaska State Park Cabins, with 2 at Thumb Cove and 3 at Caines Head. These cabins are quite popular during the peak summer months (so book ahead!), but often can be reserved last minute in the non-peak season of Fall through Spring! Since we operate year-round, we are happy to take you and your friends and gear to enjoy the wonders of staying in these awesome cabins at any time!
Water taxi rates vary depending on the destination, but our most popular water taxi rates/routes are listed below. Water taxi trips have a 3 person/fare minimum and a 6 person maximum. Want to book, or want something else? Contact us! See our FAQ and policies for more info.
Please note that unfortunately our boats are not set up to accommodate kayaks. We do not have a Big Game Transporter license, so due to the State of Alaska’s rules regarding the transportation of big game hunters, we are unable to transport big game hunters.
Popular Destination Rates
All rates below are in addition to tax/City of Seward passenger/Alaska State Parks fees
- Caines Head (including Derby Cove, Callisto Canyon, and Tonsina cabins) – $56 per person round trip, $41 per person one way
- Thumb Cove (including Spruce Glacier and Porcupine Glacier cabins) – $75 per person round trip
- Aialik Bay – $340 per person round trip
- Humpy Cove – $86 per person round trip
- Day Harbor – $275 per person round trip
- Fox Island spit – $92 per person round trip
- Sunny Cove – $100 per person round trip
- Additional $10 per dog
- Contact us for rates for other destinations!
If you’re looking for a boat tour, water taxi, and a guided hike up to the WWII Bunkers at Caines Head, be sure to check out our combo trip with The Mindful Marmot!